Weizmann Institute Awards
Peter and Patricia Gruber Awards at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel
Supported by personal funds donated by Peter and Patricia Gruber, the Gruber Awards are used to fund the research of new scientists at the Weizmann Institute and the scientific travel of selected postdoctoral fellows and doctoral students through an award of $30,000 per year over a three-year period. A faculty committee advises the President of the Institute as to a worthy Gruber Award recipient. The inaugural award was presented to Elad Schneidman,a senior scientist in the Institute's Department of Neurobiology, in May 2007.
One new scientist will receive the award annually, so that beginning in 2009 there will be three Gruber-sponsored scientists working concurrently with staggered award terms. The Award provides vital funding for gifted new scientists at the beginning of their research activities, and helps enrich their work.
View the Weizmann Institute page for the award: http://www.weizmann.ac.il/acadaff/awards-and-honors/institute-honors-and-prizes/gruber
- 2017 Ulyana Shimanovich, Department of Chemistry
- 2016 Ruth Scherz-Shouval, Department of Biological Chemistry
- 2015 Yifat Merbl, Department of Immunology
- 2014 Michal Rivlin, Department of Neurobiology
- 2013 Yardena Samuels, Department of Molecular Cell Biology
- 2012 Tali Kimchi, Department of Neurobiology
- 2011 Zohar Komargodski, Department of Particle Physics and Astrophysics
- 2010 David Margulies, Department of Organic Chemistry
- 2009 Gilad Perez, Department of Particle Physics
- 2008 Avishay Gal-Yam, Department of Astrophysics
- 2007 Elad Schneidman, Department of Neurobiology